Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nantucket Wedding Reconfigured

Nantucket Wedding Reconfigured
When I first got engaged, my mom really wanted me to have the wedding on Nantucket. It wasn't really for me- I'm a NYC girl at heart- but it got me thinking about ways to reinvent your standard, run-of-the-mill beach wedding. Lots of themes tend to get repeated- seashells, sea horses, starfish, etc. but if you take the same idea of using nautical motifs I think you can put a refreshing spin on things. From left to right, top to bottom: Hemp and Certified Organic Muslin- Tyme, Hempemporium.com; Antique Whale Graphic available (for free!) at http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com; Gull Wing Dress, anthropologie.com; De Vincennes Dinner Plate, Octopus, anthropologie.com; saltwater soap from Saipua, saipua.com; Antique Brass Ship Anchor Oil Lantern, amazon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment